So I was tagged by Sahel to do this and since I don't use DA much I have no idea how to tag someone which you'll probably notice at the end of this...
Da rules are
1. Post these rules.
2. Post 8 facts about your character.
3. Tag 8 other characters.
4. Post their names along with their creators' avatars.
1. Shadow is black and purple, not purple, not purple and black, his main color is actually black. A lot of people seem to get that confused when I say his theme color is purple, I see how you could imagine that, but in reality Shadow isn't as purple as most would imagine, while technically he is completely purple at the same time. Let me explain. Shadow is black, in fact before he turned himself purple, he was so black that he seemed to suck in the light around him. He turned his wing membranes purple and his eyes purple with the gem, a few days later he made his scales shine purple when in direct sunlight or a bright light I guess, sorta like a crow kinda shines blue.
2. No one knows his real name. Now you may ask something like "Well wait, his name is Shadow, short for Shadow Walker isn't it?", to which I would respond "No, that's just what you know him as.". While he was hatched in the same place all the dragonets were before the volcano erupted (No he doesn't have the NightWing telepathy or precognition.), he was given a name, but due to some circumstances, it seemed to have vanished from the memory of every dragon to ever hear it, including Shadow himself. "The Shadow Walker" is what SkyWings called him due to the "Ghost story" he accidentally spread while hiding in SkyWing territory to escape the big war going on, and it just kinda stuck with him.
3. Everything has a secret meaning. From his color to the way he acts to his size and voice, even his gaze, the way he looks at things, and the sound of his laughter, all of it, every detail has a hidden meaning, some very simple, others get very deep, so much work and thought went into this character and no one even knows but me, he is a very complex character that I doubt will ever be fully decoded by anyone but myself. He's got a lot of huge secrets that really even he doesn't know about, but he's really still just a little purple ball of fun!
4. He can sing. Shadow can actually sing very well, but he doesn't often because it never comes up and he's always busy talking to everyone. His voice is pretty high though...
5. The history of Shadow's creation is full of rough drafts and other versions of him, due to me still thinking some of them were pretty cool, I use the multiverse theory to keep them alive instead of just forgetting about them, and I'm going to refer to them by their colors because they all have the same name XD, typically they are different colors, can be different sizes, and they all pretty much look the same except for minor details, for example blue, red, and black, now the black one is interesting because while none of the personality or point of that character is in the purple version (My favorite and what the character truly is meant to be, the purple one), earlier in this journal you'll remember me saying something about Shadow being black before, this is because purple Shadow sort of evolved from the black one in my mind, black Shadow is a ruthless assassin that can be somehow super cute at the same time as being terribly frightening if he chooses, but he was really based on Deathbringer (yes the canon character), this isn't the first version of Shadow, but probably the most notable as the current purple one still has some of the black one's stealth qualities.
6. Shadow and his brother escaped from the NightWing island when Shadow was about six months old...yea its a bit of a stretch but it happens due to Celerity's ability to tell his brother what to do with his powers.
7. Shadow is quite small and you could say feminine (All of you from the wiki hush!), there is a reason for this, you'll just have to figure it out. (And no it's not because he's mostly based on me shut your faces!) He'd be about two inches taller than Sunny, if they were the same age, but Shadow is three years younger than her (he'd be four in Moon Rising) and is always mistaken for younger than he actually is, on top of that, from some situations and angles it is very possible for him to be mistaken for female, it actually happens a few comical times in his story, it even happens when he gets older. (Again there is a reason for this you wikiers so shush! MDS, Oonbl, Black, Bloody, Sahel and you others I'm looking at you... *narrows eyes*)
8. Shadow is a part of me. For a combination of me basically growing up with him, and him literally being based on a part of me. He's both based on me, and not at the same time. A lot of him is based on myself, while a lot of him is cool stuff I sat down and thought up, so I'm not sure if I'd call him a sona exactly, but out of all my OCs he's the closest thing to it I guess. But if you combine Rift Banshii, Celerity, and Shadow, it's meant to make me. It's complicated....
I'm bad at this so I'm tagging everyone in the comments XD